At Waple & Houk, PLLC, our Lincolnton workers’ compensation lawyers know that getting hurt at work can jeopardize more than your physical well-being. It can risk your emotional health and financial stability.
If you have been injured at work, both you and your employer have responsibilities when it comes to filing a workers’ compensation claim in North Carolina. This begins with reporting your injury to your employer as soon as it happens — or as soon as you are physically able. Your employer must record your injuries, the circumstances that led to them, and provide immediate access to medical care.
Once the claim is filed, things can become challenging. After all, you are no longer dealing with your employer. You are dealing with the insurance company that holds its workers’ compensation insurance policy. Insurance companies are notorious for delaying, undervaluing, or denying workers’ compensation claims, which can leave North Carolina residents fighting for the benefits they are entitled to through enforcement of the North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act.
We can help ease the challenges involved in the workers’ compensation process, so you can focus on your recovery — not fighting with the insurance company. Contact our Lincoln City workers’ compensation attorneys today to discuss your important case during a free consultation.
What Type of North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Benefits Am I Eligible to Receive?
Each injured North Carolina employee will have different workers’ compensation recovery needs based on their injuries, and how they have impacted their ability to return to work
The most common types of workers’ compensation benefits in North Carolina include:
- Medical Care
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Costs
- Prescription Medications and Medical Device Costs
- Necessary Travel Expenses
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Temporary Disability Benefits
- Permanent Disability Benefits
- Death Benefits to Surviving Family Members
Our reputable Lincolnton workers’ compensation attorneys will go above and beyond to ensure you receive maximum benefits for your injury. Contact us today to learn more.
What Should I Do if I Am Hurt at Work in North Carolina?
If you are injured in a North Carolina workplace, there are crucial steps you can take to help strengthen your case from the beginning.
- Notify your employer that you have been hurt immediately after the injury occurs.
- Ask your employer to fill out an injury report and ask for a copy of it once it is completed.
- Seek medical treatment immediately using an approved physician list supplied by the employer.
- Follow all medical professionals’ advice and instructions and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Keep a journal of what happened, as you remember it, and how your injuries impact your day-to-day activities and overall quality of life going forward.
- Take photographs of your injuries from the start, so you can create a timeline of the healing process.
- Contact our skilled Lincolnton workers’ compensation attorneys, so you have a legal advocate protecting and enforcing your rights from the start of your claim.
- Rest and recuperate, without pushing yourself too hard to return to work until you are medically cleared.
At Waple & Houk, PLLC PLLC, our workers’ compensation attorneys in Lincolnton, NC, operate on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay our legal fees unless we win your case. Contact us today to learn how we can help you streamline your North Carolina workers’ compensation claim, so you can get the benefits you are entitled to faster.
If I Was Clearly Hurt at Work, Why Do I Need a Lincolnton Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Partnering with a workers’ compensation attorney in Lincolnton will allow you to focus on your injuries, medical care, and recovery, instead of fighting with the insurance company to obtain the benefits you are legally entitled to after getting hurt at work.
Our Lincolnton workers’ compensation attorneys will take the lead in your case, precisely managing each detail, including:
- Conducting a Free Consultation to Understand the Details of Your Case
- Investigating and Preparing the Facts of Your Case to File a Claim.
- Routing All Insurance Company Communications through Our Office.
- Negotiating a Fair and Just Settlement with Your Employer’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance Provider.
- Appealing Your Denied Claim, When Applicable
Partnering with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney allows you to concentrate on your medical care and rehabilitation. Getting hurt at work can put you behind physically, emotionally, and financially. We can help you not only take back control of your life but get ahead.
Contact Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Lincolnton, North Carolina Today
If you have been injured in a North Carolina workplace accident, you may be entitled to compensation. As an employee, you have rights. Your employer also has rights, responsibilities, and obligations. An experienced workers’ compensation attorney can represent your rights and best interests. At Waple & Houk, PLLC PLLC, our legal team can help you secure the benefits you deserve. Contact our Lincolnton workers’ compensation attorneys today at (704) 954-8697 or contact us online today.